Saturday, May 21, 2011

What's a Blog?

    So, this young lady sends me an Email and she says "Just had a thought while driving. You need to do a blog". Well, naturally I was surprised. I hadn't a clue what a blog was. She is a very nice young lady and I am sure she doesn't use bad language so, I am certain that blog is an OK word. But, what does it mean?  I mean, I couldn't really call her and ask her, it would make me look stupid. I'm sure if I knew what a blog was, I could do a blog. But, for all I know and, especially at my age, if I was seen doing a blog in public, I might even get arrested.
   So, I ask myself, "What's a blog?"
   I'll just have to ask somebody who I know really well. Maybe I should ask my wife. But then, although Joy and I have been married for 48 years, she is really still just a sweet Irish girl at heart and they may not have blogs in Ireland. Over there, you ask the Parish Priest if you don't really know who to ask. He is supposed to know everything. If you were to walk up to the Parish Priest and say "I need to do a blog",  he'd probably have you saying Hail Mary's for the next seven or eight weeks. No, not a good idea at all. 
   So, I decided to use the good old Oxford English Dictionary. I mean, you can't lose there. Well, I went on the computer and logged onto Google and then, when I was sure nobody was watching, I went to the Oxford and typed in B, L, O, G and clicked on search. It came back and said "see weblog". So, I saw weblog and,for weblog it said "an alternative to blog"!!......  Is Oxford still in England?
   Well, I can't waste any more time on this, I've got a blog to write, so I'll come back to this lat....oh! that's what.......oh!... Now I feel such a fool!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see what's next. Maybe you can get the onion ring recipe from your clubhouse chef and post it for us. I am still dreaming of those yummy treats.
    Good luck with your blog. And blessings to you and Joy!
    Tracy Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Blog so much and the title and you! You are SUCH an amazing writer and super funny and I'm just so thrilled that you're doing this! Cool design too. Go GRAMPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete